We have lost a General

General Access for all users
winkcata
Guild Officer
We have lost a General

Post by winkcata » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I know many STNY'ers don't really use this forum much anymore, but thursday nov 25 we lost a great man and a staple of the stny community. Some of you knew him as Cavilier, others by the name Xandaria. Earl Plate passed away yesterday after a long battle with a rare form of spinal cancer. Earl is survived by his wife of 7 years, Brigit E. Plate, his son, Alex and daughters, Isabelle and Charlotte. Viewing is on November 28, 2010 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m at at McInerny Funeral Home, 502 W. Water St., Elmira NY. Those wishing may make contributions in Earl's memory to Brigit E. Plate, Plate Children's College Fund c/o HSBC Bank, 117 West Main Street, Endicott, NY 13760.Besides the 10k hrs of time spent playing games and talking on vent with him, I was lucky enough to have meet Earl on a few occasions. last summer he and his wife spent a weekend at my house in upstate NY for Bolgerfest [party]. He was and is a great man,husband, and father [and also a damn good nightelf Hunter!] Please take a moment in remembrance of Earl. Also, please each of us, look around you and realize how precious life, family and friends are. I tip my hat to Earl, i am a better man to have known him. -Zachariah Bolger

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pressc ... =146818325
Attachments
Earl.jpg
Earl.jpg (28.8KiB)Viewed 12515 times

skiddroww
Just Popping In

Re: We have lost a General

Post by skiddroww » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:11 am

I got the email from skier..

I am terribly sorry to hear about this loss.. It is a terrible time of year to experience such tragedy, and his family will be in my prayers. I know I was not a part of your community for a very long time, but coming back here brought back a great many fond memories of what was, in all honesty, my favorite guild to have been a part of. I don't remember the name that my hunter played as (My rogue was Gilderon, though I'm fairly certain I was with you on my hunter), and after skier left for some time I formed QQ, along with several of the other officers..

To skier, slynt, merkor, taliant, vladmir, purdue, wink, winder, dish, sthric, turin, ambushed, viridian, and niedula, I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying life!

// Tips his own hat, and shares a moment of silence for the loss to your community

killernoodle2
Quite a regular

Post by killernoodle2 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 am

We have lost a Titan. Xandaria (Earl) You will be missed. The good old days of Stny still reside in my memories. Xandaira probably kept me from getting kicked out of the guild 50 times. Its tragic to see such a quality player and person, loose their fight with cancer. My condolences to his family and friends.
I will have a drink to our memories, and to a fallen friend. - Sthric

Simpkin
Just can't stay away

Post by Simpkin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:59 am

I got the email from skier today and couldn't believe it. Earl/Cav was a great guy and I enjoyed our interactions in SWG and WoW over the years. Our prayers go out to his family.

Turin
Home away from home

Post by Turin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 am

rip xan

Callawey
Guild Officer

Post by Callawey » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 pm

What a damn shame. I was lucky enough to make Earl and Bridgette's aquaintance. One long vent conversation was all it took to realize he was a stand up guy. It's a tragic loss for everyone who was close to him.

RIP Earl.
Callawey has earned the achievement [earn an achievement]

Taliant
Guild Officer

Post by Taliant » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:13 pm

A long pleasure it was to ride with you Xandaria, may you rest in peace.
DEATHCOIL HOOOOO!!!!

Jizzy
Guild Member

Post by Jizzy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Well said, zach. I had no idea he was sick. I never met Earl in "real life", but he was always great to game with.
I can't believe it's 10 years since Tom put those cs servers up. Damn, I miss getting together with you guys in game.
Anyway, heres to hoping Earl is in a better place, kicking some Terrorist or Horde Ass! Rest in Peace, Earl.

Ismona
Guild Member

Post by Ismona » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 pm

I have known Earl for many years now and his loss has hit me deeply.

I will miss him more than I can tell you all.

Rest well my friend, no more pain where you are now.

Shawn, Kelli, Sami and Jason.
On Uldaman :
Kowtipper - 85 Druid
Iszy - 85 DK
Aaragoth - 85 Hunter
Aargo - 85 Shaman
Pallymax - 83 Paladin
Izmona - 85 Pirest
Ismona - 70 Mage

Korons
Guild Officer

Post by Korons » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:37 am

u will be missed!
i'm a Hellbringer by birth a Z-squad member by choice fuck with me or mine and i'll end u

bax012
Guild Member

Post by bax012 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:04 am

:C sad thing to hear after a long hiatus from STNY.
I will always remember the good times online.
You are missed Earl.

Dragon
Just can't stay away

Post by Dragon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Heard the news today. I am deeply saddened by the loss of Xandaria and my thoughts are with his family at this time. I didn't know him very long but have very fond memories of raiding TBC dungeons with him along with a mixture of STNY and Operations CWAL.

As many have said: Xan, you will be missed.

<3
Dragon
General Officer - Operation CWAL

Dragonmiss - Level 70 Shadow Priest

It's never too cold for cleavage

Meggles
Quite a regular

Post by Meggles » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm

I'll always remember how awesome Xan was to me during my short time in STNY. It saddens me to know the world lost such an amazing individual and my thoughts are with his family as they go through a really horrible time.

Sad gnome. :(
The name is Meg. Plz to stop calling me "Mega" unless it's followed by "bewbs" kthx.

polly1788
Quite a regular

Post by polly1788 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 pm

RIP Xan

Kymanis
Home away from home

Post by Kymanis » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:48 am

:(:(:( Really sad to hear this! Miss you Xan! Great leader and great friend from my times in WoW! Only hope is that you're looking down smiling on all of us! Best of wishes to all your friends and family man!
ImageImage